A journey of exploration of dreams, wants and needs that leads to a design solution that exceeds the client’s expectations.
- Project description – What is the project, scope and budget, date to occupy
- Design Approach – who will be involved, primary contact
- Delivery method – Design / bid, Design / Negotiated Contractor, Design / Build
- Expectation of working with an architect –
- Inspiration – gather images of cabins/houses, indoor/outdoor spaces, writings…
- Visioning- dreams, feel, characteristics, image, goals, needs…
- Site information/visit – survey, characteristics, views, orientation, local zoning …
- Design Intent – style, materials, sustainability approach, energy, daylight
- Schedule – design, construction and occupancy
- Budget – dollars for construction, fee and payback strategies
Users, indoor and outdoor living spaces, adjacencies, budget check and balance
Options developed, reviewed, revised, reviewed, refined, approval to proceed
Materials, systems, and details developed, reviewed, revised, reviewed, refined, approval
Develop drawings and specs, reviewed, refined, approval to proceed
Construction – Bidding (if a bid project)
Architect’s role is to prepare documents, answer questions, assist owner in selecting contractors, answer questions, assist owner in evaluating bids.
Architects role is to observe construction to make sure plans and specs are being met, review shop drawings, answering contractors questions.
Assist owner in punch list development and completion